Entry into the White Peak Walk is simple. All the conditions of entry are listed below as well as a link to download the entry form. Simply click the button below to download the form which needs filling out and submitting. You will find listed on the form details of the entry fee and postal address for submissions.
Important - by completing and sending the entry form it is deemed that you have read and understood the conditions of entry as shown below - please take the time to read them
Please note it is possible to type the details on to the form rather than hand write. This will help me when trying to read the email addresses - thanks
Also, if you pay by bank transfer and email the form to me it is not necessary to send a hard copy in the post
Conditions of Entry - please read these conditions before sending in your entry
1. Entry is limited to 300 competitors
2. The walk is open to any person aged 15 or over
3. Dogs are allowed as long as they are kept strictly under control
4. The object is to complete the walk within 12 hours, starting at 10.00am
5. A list of checkpoint opening and closing times will be included in the final details. Any entrant arriving at a checkpoint after its closing time, or deemed not likely to make the closing time of the next checkpoint will be asked to retire
6. Walkers are strongly advised to carry the minimum equipment as follows:
a) Either 1:25000 Outdoor Leisure Map - White Peak, or 1:50000 sheet number 119, Buxton, Matlock and Dovedale. Both cover the whole route
b) Suitable equipment and clothing to ensure safety for the duration of the walk
c) Food for consumption en route
d) A first aid kit including treatments for blisters, bites and cut
7. All walkers must respect farm property and honour the Country Code. Footpaths must be used at all times and short cuts across farm land or other private property is forbidden. The busy A6 trunk road runs through the centre of the circuit and MUST NOT be used except at crossing points. PLEASE CROSS WITH CARE
8. Competitors retiring should do so only at official checkpoints. Transport to the finish will be provided. All entrants who retire MUST report to the staff at the finish
9. A veteran is defined as someone, Man or Woman, who is over 40 years of age. Male or Female winners may not win both veteran and non-veteran trophies
10. Scouts/Guides/Youth Club Teams must be made up of three or more members, whose names must be confirmed at Registration on the day of the walk. The team must walk together to be eligible for the Team trophy. Team members are not eligible for other trophies
11. The White Peak Walk trophies are presented annually and must be returned by the winners each year. Keepsake trophies will also be presented
12. The entry fee is £15.00. For any cancellation before 31st May, the fee will be returned less £2.00. No entry fees can be returned after that date.
13. Entrants' details are temporarily held on computer for the purpose of the walk. If you object to this, you are requested to inform the organisers
14. Hazards are inherent in distance walks and by entering you are acknowledging these hazards and are entering entirely at your own risk.
15. The organisers shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature arising out of participation in this event.
16. The organisers reserve the right to incorporate additional rules as they think necessary. Their decision will be final
THE ORGANISERS CAN ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS HOWSOEVER SUSTAINED